Find a Pro in Mokena, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the duties of a house painter?
Some of the functions an expert painter usually performs include:
- Advise the Best Colors: When struggling to identify the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This can save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your hired expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and can take care of this prep work before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painting service prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for issues. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they find anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues must be fixed before the project can commence, of course. Your painter could then recommend trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Professional painting contractors are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By enlisting a professional painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much is the usual hourly rate for painters?
The average painter's price on services varies between $22-$43 an hour, without taxes or product included.
Remember that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist hourly. For that reason, that price does not reflect the addition of insurance, taxes, equipment, or the paint itself.
Can interior painting give an adequate return on investment?
The short answer will be yes, and these are other valuable advantages to be had from interior painting services:
- Increase the Value of Your Home: A professional paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. It will also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even over asking price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your house in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your property that really pays off.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly way to update your home, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. If you have not painted your house in the past few years or have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which option you choose, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted strengthens your house now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are made of components that naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, too much absorption will result in degraded walls which can be dangerous to your home's structural integrity. Moisture within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health issues. Paint is designed to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your home.
- Improve Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints now are produced with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the ideal option for your property. A new application of paint also keeps dirt and other particles to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: All houses harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently obtain dents, dings, and markings from the use of your house over time. Having your home's interior painted removes those imperfections and will make your home look updated and clean. A new paint color for your interior will also modernize your living space.
What's the season of least business for painters?
A major selling point about booking within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting companies are more readily available.
As a result, it's possible they'll decrease their price than what they normally do in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Dependable Residential Painting Contractors Serving Near Mokena, Illinois
When you need a good residential painter near Mokena, Illinois, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a great choice to bring new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that gives a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted home can improve your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or offer excellent recommendations about various paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Various colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also supplies several practical advantages for its structural integrity. Paint works as a sealant to protect the wood from a range of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will beautify your property inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one platform that compiles all the necessary information to let you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of vetted painters in Mokena, Illinois and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly contact professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for the pro who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.