Find a Pro in Montgomery, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What's the usual per hour cost for painters?
Normally, a painting contractor's cost of services ranges from $22 to $43 per hour, without tax or overhead included.
Take into account that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter per hour. Insurance, tax, tools, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that cost.
What are the advantages of choosing interior painting?
The short answer will be yes, and there are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting services:
- Raise the Value of Your Home: A great paint job can communicate to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. Interior painting can also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even over listing price. Even if you are not planning on listing your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your residence that truly pays for itself.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly project to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your interior in the past few years and have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, many residents are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which option you pick, a new paint color can help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted safeguards your property now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are made of materials that naturally retain moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture can lead to degraded walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health dangers. Paint works to keep water from getting into the porous walls of your property.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints these days are manufactured with low or zero volatile organic compounds. If you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the best option for your home. A new application of paint also keeps dust and other toxins to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: Most homes have flaws and imperfections. Walls often have dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over the years. Having your home's interior painted hides most cosmetic issues and can make your room look updated and clean. A new paint color for your interior can also modernize your residence.
What is the slowest season of year for painting contractors?
One of the biggest advantages about booking during the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing projects, so painters are more readily available.
Accordingly, they might be able to decrease their price than what they normally charge in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
What's the average expense for labor when painting the inside of a home?
The cost to paint the interior of your residence depends on the overall size of the space. One 300-square-foot space will be much more low-cost than the entire residence, especially a spacious residence.
On average, expect to spend between $3 to $7 per square foot when contracting a local painter to paint the interior of your residence. You'll spend less if you paint the house yourself or live in a region with low labor costs. However, other factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or more if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accent walls.
Hire an Experienced House Painter To Update Your Living Spaces in in Montgomery, Illinois
When you want a dependable house painter in Montgomery, Illinois, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent option to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that provides a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted home can enhance your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or make great recommendations about various paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your residence also brings plenty of practical advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a host of problems caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will refresh the appearance of your house inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly tool that organizes all the necessary information to help you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of professional painters in Montgomery, Illinois and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also allows you to directly contact professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your search for the pro who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.