Find a Pro in Mount Olive, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are examples of services I can expect my professional painting contractor to offer?
Some of the functions a vetted painter typically conducts include:
- Choose Colors: When struggling to select the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. This can save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your vetted professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter knows this and can take care of the prep stage before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painting service prepares for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they see anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These issues need to be fixed before painting can begin, of course. Your professional might then suggest other trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Experienced painting contractors are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When enlisting a high-quality painter, you likely don't have to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the average rate per hour for most painters?
The average painter's cost of labor varies from $22-$43 an hour, and that excludes materials or tax.
Be mindful that this average is for the labor of painting services to pay a professional painter per hour. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or the paint itself is not added in that price.
What are some benefits of choosing interior painting?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are other valuable advantages gained from interior painting services:
- Increase the Value of Your Home: A good paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your property. It can also help sell a house that's on the market quicker, even above its asking price. Even if you are not planning on listing your house in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your property that really pays off.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical way to update your house, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy place. If you have not painted your house in the past few years or have older colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of people are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which color scheme you go with, the right paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted protects your residence now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are constructed of components that easily retain moisture. Over time, enough absorption can lead to degraded walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health risks. Paint enables you to keep moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your residence.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints currently are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the perfect choice for your interior. A fresh application of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: All homes harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently have dents, dings, and markings from the use of your house over time. Having your home's interior painted hides all imperfections and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color applied to your interior can also modernize your home.
When is the least active season for painters?
A major selling point to scheduling within the colder season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so painting contractors are more readily available.
For that reason, they might be able to decrease their price than what they normally charge in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Knowledgeable Home Painters Near Near Mount Olive, Illinois
When you're looking for a reliable house painter near Mount Olive, Illinois, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent way to breathe new life into your property while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that gives a good ROI in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted home works to improve your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or make great suggestions about various paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your house also supplies several useful benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a variety of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will beautify your residence inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly site that collects all the necessary information to help you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of reputable painters in Mount Olive, Illinois and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for the pro who can deliver the quality services you deserve.