Find a pro in Mulberry Grove, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Mulberry Grove, Illinois
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Mulberry Grove, Illinois. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to hire the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.