Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Mulberry Grove, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How many years will cabinets that have been refinished retain their new look
One of the best things with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make the product look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the durability of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the project needs to be repeated depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing job will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Why can cabinet refinishing be the best choice for my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce waste by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to boost its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets could already fit in great with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
People in Mulberry Grove, IL have detailed spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
Should I be on the lookout for any specific certifications or qualifications when selecting a cabinet refinishing contractor?
While there aren't industry-mandated certifications designed for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are some qualifications and indicators of skill that you can refer to when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will showcase any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a related skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are considering hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in the past, especially featuring results that look like the style you're trying to accomplish. Other than a portfolio, most professional contractors can showcase their experience and reliability with online client feedback.
A dependable professional will supply a detailed written estimate of the job before it starts, listing the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess excellent communication skills and be able to address any questions and concerns regarding cost, schedule, and quality during the refinishing project. You should also ask about any warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another indication that can show they have faith in the quality of their craftsmanship.
How will experts refinish cabinets?
A contractor working on your cabinet refinishing project will adhere to an established process for speed and proven results. There are generally several steps used to transform the aesthetic of existing cabinets, such as:
- Assessment and Preparation: Cabinets are first assessed to ensure they are in proper condition for refinishing. If so, any hardware will be disassembled, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces need to be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some minor damage, like cracks, dents, and other blemishes in the wood can be repaired or filled before being blended in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing method will be applied in smooth, even coats to accomplish the look you've envisioned. The drying and curing step is vital to ensuring a high-quality result, and could need several hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: After your paint or stain has dried, any parts can be put back on and cabinets completely reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will ensure the finished results satisfies your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the complete work area.
It's useful to note that the specific refinishing project may vary based on things like the size of cabinets and the desired finish. Also, contractors may employ specialized methods, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific aesthetic effects, which could require a longer amount of time. Make sure to communicate clearly with any contractor you hire to guarantee they can bring your vision to life.
Hire a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Mulberry Grove, IL
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the look of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many homeowners in Mulberry Grove, IL have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many homeowners are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Mulberry Grove, IL with confidence.