Find a Pro in Naperville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What services are under the domain of a residential painter?
A few of the services an expert painter generally performs include:
- Choose Colors: If you're struggling to find the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This can save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your certified professional.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a harder time adhering to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and can take care of this prep stage before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your home painting service preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for issues. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they see anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas must be remediated before painting can begin, of course. Your painter may then suggest other trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Professional painters are proficient at carrying out such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By hiring a vetted painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the going rate per hour for most painters?
Typically, a painter's cost of services varies from $22 to $43 per hour, without taxes or overhead included.
Remember that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay an expert painter per hour. For that reason, that price does not include the cost of insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint.
What are the benefits of updating my residence through interior painting?
The short answer is yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Value of Your Residence: A good paint job can communicate to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. Interior painting can also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your house in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your residence that truly pays off.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly project to update your home, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. Assuming you have not painted your home in the past few years and have older colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many residents are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what color scheme you select, a fresh paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted secures your house now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with components which naturally retain moisture. Eventually, enough absorption can result in compromised walls which can be detrimental to your home's structural integrity. Water behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health dangers. Paint is designed to seal out water from getting through the porous walls of your property.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints these days are made with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your interior. A new coat of paint also limits dust and other toxins to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Great: Most houses contain flaws and imperfections. Walls often show scratches, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your house over the years. Having your house's interior painted hides all imperfections and can make your room look updated and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by an expert contractor will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What is the least busiest time of year for painters?
A major selling point to scheduling within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so professional painters have the availability.
For that reason, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they typically charge in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
Find an Experienced Residential Painter To Update Your Living Spaces Near Near Naperville, IL
When you're looking for a good residential painter near Naperville, IL, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your home is a great option to breathe new life into your property while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that gives a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted house works to boost your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or offer excellent recommendations about different paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also brings many practical benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a host of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will beautify your residence inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly site that compiles all the necessary information to help you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of reputable painters in Naperville, IL and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also permits you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who can deliver the quality and value you need.