Find a pro in New Haven, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in New Haven, IL
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in New Haven, IL, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.