Find a Pro in New Lenox, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the typical per hour rate charged by painters?
Normally, a painting contractor's cost of labor ranges from $22-$43 an hour, not counting taxes or overhead included.
Be mindful that this average is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting specialist per hour. Therefore, that price does not reflect the cost of insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint.
Will interior painting give a worthwhile ROI?
The short answer will be yes, and these are other valuable advantages gained from interior painting services:
- Increase the Appeal of Your Residence: A good paint job will communicate to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. Interior painting will also help sell a house that's on the market quicker, even over listing price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your house in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the highest returns when factoring in the effect on home value and appeal.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical way to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. Assuming you haven't painted your home recently and have boring colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at peace. Also, many people are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the color scheme you choose, a fresh paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted secures your house now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are made of materials that naturally absorb moisture. Over time, enough absorption will result in compromised walls which can be dangerous to your home's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health concerns. Paint is designed to keep moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Enhance Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints now are manufactured with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the best choice for your household. A new application of paint also keeps dust and other toxins to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: All houses have flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently feature scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your house over the years. Getting your house's interior painted removes all cosmetic issues and will make your room look updated and clean. A fresh paint color for your interior will also modernize your living space.
At which time of the year are painters generally less busy?
A major benefit to scheduling within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing projects, so painting contractors are more readily available.
Accordingly, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they typically charge in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
How much can I expect to pay in labor costs for painting the inside of a house?
The price to paint the inside of your house depends on the overall size of the space. One 300-square-foot space will be much more economical than the entire residence, especially a big residence.
On average, expect to pay around $3 to $7 per square foot when contracting a local professional to paint the inside of your house. You'll pay less if you paint the interior yourself or reside in a location with low labor rates. However, other factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or more if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
Knowledgeable House Painters in in New Lenox, IL
When you're searching for a dependable residential painter near New Lenox, IL, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent choice to bring new life into your property while also significantly increasing its value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that delivers a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted house can elevate your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer great suggestions about different paint brands and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors will even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also offers many useful benefits for its durability. Paint works as a sealant to secure surfaces from a variety of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will refresh the appearance of your house inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly platform that compiles all the relevant information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of reputable painters in New Lenox, IL and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly contact professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.