Find a Pro in Newton, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is it a smart decision to prioritize interior painting for my home?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Value of Your Home: A professional paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. It will also help sell a residence that's on the market quicker, even over asking price. Even if you are not considering listing your residence in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your residence that really pays for itself.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical way to update your residence, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. If you haven't painted your home in the past few years or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the color scheme you pick, a new paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted secures your home now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with materials that naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, too much absorption will lead to compromised walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Water behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health risks. Paint enables you to seal out moisture from getting through the porous walls of your residence.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints these days are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the best option for your home. A new coat of paint also keeps dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Great: All residences have flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently contain scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over the years. Having your house's interior painted removes those imperfections and will make your home look updated and clean. A new coat of paint applied by an expert painter will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
When will painters receive the slowest business season?
A major benefit about hiring during the winter months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from doing home improvement projects, so painting contractors have more open spots in their schedules.
Accordingly, it's possible they'll decrease their price than what they typically do in busier times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
How frequently should I think about repainting my residence's exterior?
There are a few obvious signs to look out for, like chipped or cracked paint, but there are also some less evident things that can create problems too. Exterior painting can be an extensive job, so it's always a good idea to hire painting specialists.
Since every house differs from one another, there is no set timeframe to apply another coat, and this makes things more difficult for homeowners. Most professionals say that you'll need to paint every five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables such as where you're located, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's always recommended to try to find out, because possessing in-depth information about the paint job will make a big difference. The kind of paint used, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color used can all affect its durability. It's also useful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether your house was painted on a bright or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dried.
What services fall within the scope of a residential painter?
Here is what an expert painter will help with:
- Select Colors: In case you're struggling to identify the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can count on the experience of your certified expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and will take care of the prep work before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painter prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they see anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These issues need to be addressed before painting can start, of course. Your professional may then recommend dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Repairs: Most painting contractors are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By hiring a vetted painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Dependable Residential Painters Near Near Newton, IL
When you need a dependable house painter near Newton, IL, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent choice to bring new life into your residence while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that provides a good ROI in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted house works to enhance your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer great suggestions about different paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors will even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your residence also provides plenty of useful advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a sealant to protect the wood from a range of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will refresh the appearance of your house inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple platform that collects all the important information to help you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of vetted painters in Newton, IL and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly contact professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for a pro who will deliver the quality services you need.