Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Northbrook, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Illinois // Northbrook
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish my cabinets instead of purchase new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that many people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of totally replacing them is a smart practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. Some other great perks of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and simple method to update their look versus installing new ones. Because you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the trouble of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you allow a competent contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to make sure your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
How does cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are distinct differences between the two and handymen will need to know what service you want. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the existing doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features its own unique approach and gives a certain result in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many years will refinished cabinets last
One of the best advantages with wood is that it can be refinished several times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, such as the quality of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the project needs to be done again is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing job could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How should I determine if cabinet refinishing is a good idea to bring my vision to reality?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new ones and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive project to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets might already work great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents in Northbrook, Illinois have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, assess your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
One Site for All The Information You Need To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Northbrook, Illinois Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several people in Northbrook, Illinois have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more people are starting to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less chaotic to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Northbrook, Illinois with confidence.