Find a Pro in Oblong, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearPainting // Illinois // Oblong
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the services of a residential painter?
Here is what a professional painter can help with:
- Pick Colors: If you're struggling to identify the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your certified professional.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and will take care of the prep work before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painter prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they see things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces must be addressed before the project can begin, of course. Your painter might then suggest other trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Professional painters are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By enlisting an expert painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much is the typical hourly rate for painters?
Normally, a painting contractor's cost of services ranges from $22-$43 an hour, and that excludes materials or tax.
Bear in mind that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay a professional painter hourly. That's only for the work being done. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint is not added in that cost.
What are some advantages of updating my residence through interior painting?
The short answer is yes, and these are other valuable advantages gained from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Value of Your House: A professional paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your home. It can also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even over asking price. Even if you are not planning on selling your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the highest ROIs when factoring in the impact on property value and buyer interest.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical project to update your residence, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your house recently and have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many people are working from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the color scheme you choose, the right paint color can help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted safeguards your residence now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with materials which easily absorb moisture. Over time, too much accumulation of moisture can lead to degraded walls which can be dangerous to your home's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health risks. Paint works to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints now are manufactured with low or no VOCs. If you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the perfect option for your interior. A new coat of paint also keeps dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Amazing: Most houses contain flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently feature dents, dings, and markings from the use of your home over time. Having your home's interior painted removes most imperfections and can make your home look updated and clean. A new coat of paint put on by a vetted painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
When is the least active time of year for painters?
A major selling point about booking during the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so painters are more readily available.
For that reason, they might be able to decrease their price than what they typically charge in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
Professional Residential Painters Near in Oblong, Illinois
When you want a good residential painter near Oblong, Illinois, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent option to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that delivers a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted home works to enhance your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or make excellent suggestions about different paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your home also supplies several practical advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a range of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will refresh the appearance of your house inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple platform that organizes all the important information to help you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of vetted painters in Oblong, Illinois and nearby areas based on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also allows you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for the pro who can deliver the quality services you deserve.