Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Orangeville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Illinois // Orangeville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why will cabinet refinishing be beneficial?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that plenty of homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a smart way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other excellent perks of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically change the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and stress-free way to update their style versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the long process of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect excellent results when you allow a qualified contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to ensure your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
How does cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are significant differences between them and handymen will need to know which service you want. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and imparts a distinctive outcome in the appearance of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How long can cabinets that have been refinished last
One of the best things with wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make the product look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the strength of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the project needs to be done again depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing project could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as opposed to purchasing them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce waste by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive project to enhance your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets may already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Orangeville, Illinois have related spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this project is right for you.
Hire a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Orangeville, Illinois
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and many homeowners in Orangeville, Illinois have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more homeowners are starting to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and reliability through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Orangeville, Illinois confidently.