Find a Pro in Oswego, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What's the average rate per hour for most painters?
The average painter's cost of labor ranges from $22-$43 an hour, and that excludes taxes or overhead.
Remember that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting contractor hourly. That's only for the service. Insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that cost.
Is interior painting worth it?
The short answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Home: A professional paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. It can also help sell a residence that's on the market quicker, even over asking price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your residence in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the highest returns when considering the impact on property value and buyer interest.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical way to update your home, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. If you have not painted your house in the past few years and have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at peace. Also, growing numbers of residents are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which color scheme you go with, a fresh paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted protects your residence now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are made of materials that naturally retain moisture. Over time, too much accumulation of moisture can result in compromised walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health dangers. Paint enables you to keep water from getting into the porous walls of your home.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints now are manufactured with low or no VOCs. If you or your family have allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the perfect option for your interior. A fresh application of paint also limits dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Amazing: All homes have flaws and blemishes. Walls often feature dents, dings, and marks from the use of your residence over the years. Having your house's interior painted hides those imperfections and can make your home look updated and clean. A new coat of paint put on by a vetted painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
During what period of the year are painters typically less occupied?
A major benefit about scheduling within the colder season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from wanting to do projects, so painting professionals are more readily available.
Accordingly, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they typically do in busier seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
What is the expected cost of labor when painting a residence's interior?
The cost to paint the interior of your residence is dependant on the overall size of the room. A single 300-square-foot room will be much more economical than the entire home, especially a larger residence.
On average, expect to spend between $3 to $7 per square foot when enlisting a local painter to paint the interior of your residence. You'll spend less if you paint the house on your own or reside in a location with low labor costs. However, other factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or more if you have tall ceilings, need wall repair, or want accent walls.
Reliable House Painting Contractors in Near Oswego, Illinois
When you're searching for a reliable house painter near Oswego, Illinois, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your home is an excellent choice to bring new life into your residence while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that delivers a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a newly painted house works to improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or make excellent suggestions about various paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors can even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your residence also supplies plenty of useful advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a host of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use site that collects all the necessary information to help you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of vetted painters in Oswego, Illinois and nearby areas based on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly communicate with expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for a pro who can deliver the quality and value you need.