Find a Pro in Park Ridge, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the duties of a residential painter?
A few of the tasks a vetted painter usually performs include:
- Choose Colors: In case you're struggling to select the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your certified expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and will take care of this prep stage before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your home painting service prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they see things such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These damages need to be addressed before the project can begin, of course. Your professional could then suggest other dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Experienced painting contractors are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When employing an expert painter, you likely don't have to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What is the typical hourly rate charged by painters?
The average painting contractor's cost of services varies between $22-$43 an hour, not counting taxes or product included.
Be mindful that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay an expert painter hourly. Accordingly, it does not reflect the addition of insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint.
Is interior painting worth it?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Appeal of Your House: A great paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your property. Interior painting will also help sell a residence that's on the market quicker, even over listing price. Even if you are not considering selling your residence in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your property that truly pays for itself.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively low-cost project to update your home, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your interior recently and have poor colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of people are working at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the color scheme you select, a fresh paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted protects your house now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are constructed of materials which naturally retain moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture will result in compromised walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health dangers. Paint enables you to keep moisture from getting into the porous walls of your home.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints now are produced with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your property. A new application of paint also limits dirt and other particles to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Great: Most homes contain flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently obtain dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over the years. Having your home's interior painted removes most cosmetic issues and will make your room look updated and clean. A fresh paint color for your interior will also modernize your home.
When will painters receive the slowest business demand?
One of the biggest selling points about booking within the winter months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
For that reason, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they typically charge in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
Expert Residential Painters Near Near Park Ridge, Illinois
When you're looking for a good house painter near Park Ridge, Illinois, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent way to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing its value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that gives a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home works to elevate your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or offer excellent suggestions about various paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your residence also features many practical advantages for its durability. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a variety of problems caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a convenient platform that brings together all the important information to help you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of vetted painters in Park Ridge, Illinois and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also permits you to directly contact professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for the pro who will deliver the quality services you deserve.