Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Pembroke Township, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the benefits associated with cabinet refinishing compared to purchasing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement task that plenty of homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a good practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. Some other excellent perks of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the style of your kitchen with relatively little work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and easy project to change their look versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the chaos of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect excellent results when you allow a qualified contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to ensure your cabinets look as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Is there a distinction between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know which service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the present doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has a unique approach and imparts a distinctive outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times could cabinets be refinished?
One of the great advantages about wood is that it can be refinished several times to make furniture appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, including the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the process must be done again depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing project should last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
How do I determine if cabinet refinishing is the right project to bring my vision to life?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce waste by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to boost its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets might already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in less disruption to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
People in Pembroke Township, IL have communicated paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is best for you.
One Place for All The Information Necessary To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher Near Pembroke Township, IL With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to beautify the style of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and several homeowners in Pembroke Township, IL have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more homeowners are starting to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less chaotic to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Pembroke Township, IL confidently.