Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Peoria Heights, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Illinois // Peoria Heights
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are some perks to cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement project that many people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than completely replacing them is a good practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other excellent perks of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the style of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and hassle-free project to update their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the chaos of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect excellent results when you hire a qualified contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to guarantee your cabinets look as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What are the differences of cabinet refacing and cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are big differences between them and handymen will need to understand which service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the present doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features its own unique approach and gives a certain result in the style of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many years do cabinets that have been refinished survive
One of the best benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make the product look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the process must be repeated depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing service should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Why will cabinet refinishing be the best option for my space?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new models and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit waste by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to boost its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your home in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Peoria Heights, Illinois have related spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, assess your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
One Site Containing All The Information Necessary To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Peoria Heights, Illinois With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to beautify the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several people in Peoria Heights, Illinois have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more people are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Peoria Heights, Illinois confidently.