Find a pro in Petersburg, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Petersburg, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Petersburg, Illinois. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.