Find a pro in Pittsburg, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Pittsburg, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Pittsburg, IL. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.