Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Pittsfield, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Illinois // Pittsfield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of benefits can I expect by deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that plenty of homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a great practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other great advantages of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and easy project to change their look versus installing new ones. Because you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the long process of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get high-quality results when you hire an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to make sure your cabinets look as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Is there a difference between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are big differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand what service you want. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features a unique approach and offers a distinctive outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often can cabinets be refinished?
One of the great benefits with wood is that it can be refinished several times to make furniture appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, such as the durability of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service needs to be repeated depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing service can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How can I determine if cabinet refinishing is the right idea to bring my vision to reality?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If protecting the environment is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce waste by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents of Pittsfield, Illinois have reported spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
Find The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Pittsfield, Illinois
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to beautify the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many homeowners in Pittsfield, Illinois have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less disruptive to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and skill through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Pittsfield, Illinois confidently.