Find a Pro in Plainfield, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Exterior Painting Professionals nearExterior Painting // Illinois // Plainfield
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What aspects should affect your choice of exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, selecting an elegant color that goes with your overall design will be the perfect choice. It's somewhat affordable to boost how your home looks with assistance from a trained and equipped painter. These are some of the factors you should think about when selecting a color scheme for your exterior painting job:
- Color arrangement: The colors you pick should complement the overall look you're going for and the ambiance you want to form. Make the place your own, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are stylish hues that have the propensity to make you feel at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that's distinctive from the others, oranges and yellows are bright enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more cozy and content.
What are the reasons for engaging the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Hiring an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your home will normally provide you with a superior result than you could attain on your own. DIY jobs don't always go as planned unless you have the tools and training to execute the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time covering up mistakes, homeowners can seek an exterior painter to perform the project as efficiently as possible. The skill they've acquired from their experience in the field will be reflected in the degree of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From pressure washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you should hire a contractor to execute it. With their superior approach and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or providing less-than-optimal results.
How can you get your home prepared for an exterior painting project?
Exterior painting provides excellent results when it is carried out with close attention to detail and according to high-quality standards. Professional painters are equipped with the knowledge, tools, and methods to do the project with excellent craftsmanship. Remarkable craftsmanship begins with taking precautions that allow the paint to stick and look amazing for a long time. Prepare for an exterior painting project by taking these steps:
- Power wash: Removing grime and dirt offers you a clean area to start working on, so using pressure washing tools is an effective way to wash it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky parts that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can fix damage on exterior of your home so that you can work on a clean texture.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it with a streamlined finish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to allow the paint to stay.
What is the price associated with painting the exterior of a home?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's an excellent investment for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it safe from the elements at all times. Another factor that can contribute to the overall cost is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can equate to higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and give you an accurate quote for the price you can expect to pay.
Find and Hire Exterior Home Painting Services Near Plainfield, Illinois
Begin browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and seek the assistance of companies in Plainfield, Illinois. If your home needs a new coat of paint, you can hire a professional with the skills and background to provide excellent services. You can improve your home's design with fresh paint that simultaneously offers a durable barrier preventing damage. By hiring a professional to carry out the project, you're ensuring it'll meet your specifications.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can efficiently browse for painters, take a look at ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can check out previous exterior painting jobs to gain a good idea of their degree of expertise. Browsing through professional profiles and simplifying your search is a quicker process when you download our no-charge platform. It's convenient and simple to use for homeowners to select the best candidates for the project near them. In addition, you can direct message contractors, ask for a quote, and book a consultation all in one app.
Review the project details with an exterior painter who can give you helpful tips and help you decide on an elegant color scheme. Painting can boost your home value and generally make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what a good sheen, color, and application can do to add some new life into a space. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with assistance from many local professionals prepared to roll up their sleeves and deliver excellent workmanship. Get an excellent finished product by using our app and contacting a skilled exterior painter to take care of the entire process with the utmost attention to detail.