Find a pro in Pleasant Plains, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Pleasant Plains, IL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Pleasant Plains, IL. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Pleasant Plains, IL. Get the roofing services you need for your house today.