Find a Pro in Pleasant Plains, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is investing in interior painting a good idea?
The short answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Home: A good paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. Interior painting will also help sell a house that's on the market quicker, even over asking price. Even if you are not considering selling your house in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement project with one of the highest ROIs when factoring in the impact on property value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your residence, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. If you have not painted your home recently and have older colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at peace. Additionally, growing numbers of people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what option you select, a fresh paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted strengthens your residence now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are made of components that naturally absorb moisture. Over time, too much accumulation of moisture will lead to compromised walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Water inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health risks. Paint is designed to keep water from getting into the porous walls of your house.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints currently are manufactured with low or no VOCs. If you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your household. A fresh coat of paint also limits dust and other particles to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: Most homes harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls often show dents, dings, and marks from the use of your house over the years. Getting your home's interior painted hides most cosmetic issues and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color for your interior will also modernize your home.
When is the least busy season for painters?
A major selling point to booking within the colder season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting companies have the availability.
For that reason, it's possible they'll decrease their price than what they typically charge in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are booked around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I think about repainting my house's exterior?
There are some evident things to look out for, like cracking and chipping paint; however, there are also some less evident things that can cause issues too. Painting an exterior is a pretty extensive project, so it's always a good idea to hire painting specialists.
Since every property differs from one another, there is no set timeframe to apply another coat, and this makes things more difficult for homeowners. Most professionals express that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years, based on factors like where you're located, climate, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, you may be uncertain about when its most recent paint job was done. It's always recommended to try to find out, since possessing in-depth information about the paint job will make a big difference. The variety of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its durability. It could be helpful to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether the residence was painted on a bright or overcast day can change how well the paint dried.
What are examples of services I can expect my professional painting contractor to give?
A few of the services a professional painter generally conducts include:
- Pick Colors: If you're struggling to choose the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your hired expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and will handle the prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painting service preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they notice anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These issues must be fixed before painting can begin, of course. Your service could then direct you towards reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: The best painters are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By enlisting a high-quality painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Find a Professional Residential Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces in in Pleasant Plains, Illinois
When you're looking for a good residential painter in Pleasant Plains, Illinois, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent option to bring new life into your residence while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that provides a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted home can enhance your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or make excellent recommendations about various paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also brings many useful advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a range of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will beautify your house inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that compiles all the important information to let you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of vetted painters in Pleasant Plains, Illinois and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.