Find a Pro in Pontiac, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is investing in interior painting a wise choice?
Almost always the answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Boost the Value of Your Home: A professional paint job can communicate to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. Interior painting can also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even over asking price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your residence that truly pays off.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively low-cost project to update your house, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your home recently and have boring colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the option you select, a fresh paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted strengthens your residence now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with materials that naturally absorb moisture. Over time, enough absorption can result in compromised walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Moisture within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health issues. Paint works to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your residence.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints currently are made with low or no VOCs. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal option for your property. A fresh application of paint also limits dust and other particles to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: Most residences have flaws and blemishes. Walls often show dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over time. Having your home's interior painted eliminates those cosmetic issues and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A new coat of paint applied by an expert painter will also update your home with a contemporary look.
What is the least busy time of year for painters?
One of the biggest advantages to hiring during the colder season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing home improvement projects, so painters have more open spots in their schedules.
Therefore, it's possible they'll decrease their price than what they typically do in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
How long is the best schedule for repainting the outside of a residence?
There are some obvious signs to keep an eye out for, like cracking and chipping paint, but there are also some less evident things that can cause issues too. Painting an exterior can be a big project, so it's always a good idea to hire professional painters.
What can make this difficult is there is no set time for a new coat, since every property is different. A lot of professionals say that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you're located, climate, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's a good idea to try and find out, since possessing in-depth information about the paint job can be critical. The kind of paint utilized, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all affect its longevity. It's also helpful to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether your residence was painted on a sunny or overcast day can change how well the paint dried.
What are the services I can expect my professional painting contractor to provide?
Here are examples of what a professional painter can assist with:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to choose the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can count on the experience of your vetted expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter knows this and will handle this prep stage before painting begins.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painter preps for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they find anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues need to be addressed before painting can begin, of course. Your service might then recommend dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they will handle it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Experienced painters are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By hiring a high-quality painter, you likely won't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Find an Experienced House Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces Near Near Pontiac, IL
When you require a reliable residential painter in Pontiac, IL, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent way to bring new life into your residence while also significantly increasing its value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that provides a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home works to enhance your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or make excellent suggestions about various paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors can even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your residence also brings plenty of useful benefits for its durability. Paint works as a sealant to secure surfaces from a range of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will beautify your residence inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use site that brings together all the necessary information to help you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of professional painters in Pontiac, IL and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who can deliver the quality and value you need.