Find a Pro in Prospect Heights, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is it a wise idea to prioritize interior painting for my property?
Almost always the answer is yes, and there are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting services:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Home: A good paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your property. It will also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even over asking price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your house in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your property that truly pays off.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical way to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. If you have not painted your house recently or have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at ease. Additionally, many people are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which option you go with, the right paint color will help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted secures your property now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are constructed of components which easily retain moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture will result in compromised walls which can be dangerous to your home's structural integrity. Water inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health concerns. Paint enables you to seal out moisture from getting through the porous walls of your residence.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints currently are made with low or no VOCs. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great choice for your property. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dust and other toxins to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: All residences have flaws and imperfections. Walls often feature dents, dings, and marks from the use of your house over the years. Having your home's interior painted covers all cosmetic issues and will make your room look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint put on by a professional painter will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
When is the least busy time of year for painters?
One of the biggest selling points to booking within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting contractors are more readily available.
For that reason, it's possible they'll charge a lower rates than what they typically charge in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
What is the suggested schedule for repainting the exterior of a house?
There are some evident things to look out for, such as cracking and chipping paint; however, there are also some less evident things that can cause problems as well. Painting an exterior can be an extensive project, so it's never a bad idea to book painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set time for a new coat, because every home differs from the other. A lot of experts say that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years, depending on factors like where you're located, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's highly advisable to try and find out, because possessing detailed information about the paint job will make a big difference. The type of paint utilized, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color selected can all impact its durability. It may be useful to know the time of year in which it was painted, because whether your house was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dried.
What all does a residential painter do?
A few of the tasks a professional painter usually conducts include:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to choose the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter knows this and will take care of this prep stage before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painting service prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they notice things such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas must be remediated before painting can start, of course. Your service may then direct you towards dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Light Fixes: Expert painting contractors are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When enlisting an expert painter, you likely won't have to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Reliable Residential Painters in in Prospect Heights, IL
When you're searching for a reliable residential painter near Prospect Heights, IL, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a great way to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that gives a good ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home can boost your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or offer excellent recommendations about various paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Various colors will even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also supplies many useful benefits for its durability. Paint works as a sealant to protect the wood from a variety of issues caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will beautify your house inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that brings together all the important information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of reputable painters in Prospect Heights, IL and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also permits you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for the pro who will deliver the quality services you deserve.