Find a Pro in Rantoul, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the average cost of labor when painting a house's interior?
The price to paint the interior of your house is dependant on the dimensions of the area. One 300-square-foot area will be much more economical than an entire house, especially a larger one.
You should expect to spend around $3 to $7 per square foot when contracting a local painter to paint the interior of your house. You'll spend less if you paint the interior on your own or live in a location with low labor rates. However, some factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
How frequently should I consider repainting my house's exterior?
There are some obvious signs to watch out for, such as cracking and chipping paint; however, there are also some less evident things that can create issues as well. Exterior painting is a pretty big project, so it's always a good idea to hire painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set timeframe to repaint, since every home differs from the other. A lot of experts express that you'll need to paint every five to ten years, depending on factors like where you're located, weather, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, you might not know exactly when it was last painted. It's a good idea to try to find out, since possessing detailed information about the paint job will be critical. The type of paint utilized, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its durability. It could be beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, since whether the house was painted on a bright or overcast day can change how well the paint dries.
What kind of services does a residential painter perform?
Examples of the services an expert painter generally performs include:
- Pick Colors: If you're struggling to pick the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your hired professional.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter knows this and can handle the prep stage before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painting service prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they see anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These damages need to be fixed before the project can start, of course. Your painter may then suggest other dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Conduct Repairs: Experienced painters are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When enlisting an expert painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much is the usual per hour rate charged by painters?
Typically, a painting contractor's cost of labor ranges between $22 to $43 per hour, not counting tax or product included.
Bear in mind that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting contractor per hour. For that reason, that price does not reflect the addition of insurance, tax, equipment, or any gallons of paint.
Professional Residential Painters in Near Rantoul, IL
When you're looking for a good residential painter in Rantoul, IL, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your home is an excellent choice to bring new life into your residence while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that gives a good ROI in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted home works to enhance your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or offer great recommendations about various paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors will even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your house also offers several practical advantages for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a variety of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use platform that compiles all the relevant information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of professional painters in Rantoul, IL and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also permits you to directly communicate with professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your search for the pro who will deliver the quality and value you need.