Find a pro in Red Bud, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Red Bud, Illinois
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Red Bud, Illinois, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.