Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Richton Park, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
In what ways can cabinet refinishing be advantageous?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement task that many homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a smart way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other excellent advantages of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and hassle-free method to change their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the chaos of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll get professional results when you allow an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to guarantee your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What are the distinctions of cabinet refacing and the refinishing of cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are big differences between the two and handymen will need to understand which service you want. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the current doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features its own unique approach and offers a certain result in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many years do cabinets that have been refinished last
One of the great things with wood is that it can be refinished many times to make the product look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the durability of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the project must be done again depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing service will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a good investment in the look of my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new models and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit waste by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to enhance your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets might already fit in well with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less disruption to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Richton Park, IL have communicated spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this project is right for you.
Find The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Richton Park, IL
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to transform the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and several homeowners in Richton Park, IL have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your home in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less disruptive to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and expertise through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Richton Park, IL with confidence.