Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Riverdale, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Is cabinet refinishing worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than purchasing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a large variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to enhance its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already work great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your home in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Riverdale, IL have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
Which certifications or licenses will a cabinet refinishing contractor likely possess?
Though there aren't industry-standard licenses specifically for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are some qualifications and indicators of skill that you can look for when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will showcase any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant skill on their Thumbtack page.
You should ask the contractor you are considering hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially for results that look like the style you're trying to achieve. Along with a portfolio, most professional contractors will highlight their experience and reliability through online customer reviews.
A reputable professional can provide a detailed written estimate of the job before it commences, outlining the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to possess excellent communication skills and be able to answer any questions and concerns regarding cost, schedule, and craftsmanship during the refinishing project. It would be wise to also ask for warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another factor that can demonstrate they have confidence in the quality of their workmanship.
What is the preferred method for refinishing cabinets?
An expert taking care of your cabinet refinishing task will follow an established process for speed and excellent results. There are generally several steps used to transform the style of existing cabinets, including:
- Evaluation and Prepping: Cabinets are first evaluated to ensure they are in proper condition to be refinished. If so, all hardware will be taken off, like handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces need to be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Repair and Fill: Some insignificant issues, like scratches, dents, or other imperfections in the wood will be repaired or filled to better blend in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing method will be applied in thin, even coats to get the style you've envisioned. The drying and curing stage is critical to imparting a high-quality outcome, and could need several hours to complete.
- Reassembly: Once your paint or stain completely cures, all parts will be put back on and cabinets fully reassembled for use. A quality inspection will guarantee the final project satisfies your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the full work area.
It's important to note that any refinishing project may vary depending on things like the kind of cabinets and the desired finish. Additionally, professionals may perform specialized techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific stylistic results, which will require a longer amount of time. Make sure to speak clearly with any contractor you hire to guarantee they have the skill to bring your vision to life.
What kind of perks can I look forward to by choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly advantageous home improvement task that plenty of homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of totally replacing them is a great way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other excellent perks of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to dramatically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple way to change their look versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the hassle of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you allow a qualified contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets come out as you planned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Find a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Riverdale, IL
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and several homeowners in Riverdale, IL have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many homeowners are choosing to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less disruptive to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Riverdale, IL with confidence.