Find a Pro in Riverton, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are some services I can expect my residential painting contractor to give?
Here is what an expert painter can help with:
- Advise the Best Colors: When struggling to select the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can count on the experience of your certified professional.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and will handle this prep stage before painting starts.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painting service preps for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they see things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues need to be remediated before painting can begin, of course. Your service might then direct you towards reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Most painting contractors are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When employing an expert painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, checked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much do painting contractors usually charge by the hour?
The average painting contractor's cost of services varies between $22-$43 an hour, not counting taxes or product included.
Take into account that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay an expert painter hourly. Accordingly, that price does not reflect the cost of insurance, taxes, equipment, or the paint itself.
Is it a wise decision to prioritize interior painting for my property?
The short answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Value of Your Residence: A professional paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. It can also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even over asking price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your residence in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your home that really pays for itself.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your home, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. Assuming you have not painted your interior recently and have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at ease. Additionally, many residents are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what color scheme you go with, a fresh paint color can help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted safeguards your property now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are made of components that naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, enough absorption can result in compromised walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health concerns. Paint enables you to keep moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your residence.
- Enhance Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints these days are made with low or no VOCs. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your home. A fresh coat of paint also limits dirt and other pollutants to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: All residences harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls often show dents, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your residence over the years. Getting your home's interior painted removes all cosmetic issues and can make your room look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by an expert painter will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
During what time of the year are painters usually the least occupied?
A major benefit about hiring during the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so painting professionals are more readily available.
For that reason, they might be able to decrease their price than what they normally do in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
Experienced Residential Painters Near Near Riverton, IL
When you need a good residential painter near Riverton, IL, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent option to bring new life into your residence while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that gives a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted home can elevate your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer excellent recommendations about various paint brands and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your residence also provides many useful advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a host of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one platform that brings together all the relevant information to let you find the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of vetted painters in Riverton, IL and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly communicate with expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for the contractor who can deliver the quality and value you need.