Find a Pro in Romeoville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is investing in interior painting a smart decision?
The short answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Appeal of Your Residence: A good paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. It will also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even above its asking price. Even if you are not planning on selling your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your property that really pays off.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively low-cost way to update your home, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. If you haven't painted your house recently or have older colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at peace. Also, growing numbers of people are working from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which color scheme you choose, the right paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted strengthens your property now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are made of components which naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, too much absorption will lead to compromised walls which can be dangerous to your house's structural integrity. Water behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health risks. Paint works to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Boost Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints currently are made with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your interior. A fresh application of paint also limits dust and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: All residences harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently feature scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your home over time. Getting your house's interior painted covers those imperfections and will make your room look updated and clean. A new paint color applied to your interior will also modernize your home.
During which time of the year are painters usually the least busy?
One of the biggest selling points about hiring within the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep most homeowners from doing projects, so painters have more open spots in their schedules.
Therefore, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they normally charge in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
How frequently should I think about repainting my home's exterior?
There are a few glaring things to look out for, like chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less obvious things that can cause issues as well. Painting an exterior is a pretty extensive project, so it's never a bad idea to hire professional painters.
Unfortunately, there is no set timeline to repaint, since every house is different. A lot of experts say that you'll need to paint approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you live, weather, and the previous paint job.
When you've just acquired a new home, you might not know exactly when its most recent paint job was done. It's a good idea to try to find out, since having detailed information about the paint job will be critical. The type of paint utilized, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all impact its longevity. It's also beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, since whether your house was painted on a sunny or overcast day can change how well the paint dries.
What array of services will a residential painter perform?
Examples of the functions an expert painter usually performs include:
- Advise the Best Colors: When struggling to select the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your vetted painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and can take care of the prep work before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painter preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they notice things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces need to be addressed before the project can begin, of course. Your painter could then suggest other reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Most painting contractors are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By hiring an expert painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, looked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Hire a Qualified Residential Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces Near Near Romeoville, Illinois
When you're looking for a reliable residential painter in Romeoville, Illinois, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent option to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that gives a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted house works to elevate your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer great recommendations about different paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors will even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your home also offers many practical advantages for its durability. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a range of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one platform that brings together all the relevant information to help you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of reputable painters in Romeoville, Illinois and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly communicate with professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for a pro who will deliver the quality and value you need.