Find a Pro in Westchester, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the advantages of choosing interior painting?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Home: A great paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your home. It can also help sell a house that's on the market quicker, even over listing price. Even if you are not contemplating listing your house in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your home that truly pays for itself.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly way to update your home, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. If you have not painted your home in the past few years and have poor colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at rest. Also, many people are working from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which color scheme you go with, a fresh paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted safeguards your home now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are constructed of components that easily absorb moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture can result in degraded walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health issues. Paint enables you to keep water from getting into the porous walls of your house.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints now are made with low or no VOCs. If you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the best choice for your home. A new application of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: Most houses harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently obtain scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your house over the years. Having your home's interior painted covers those cosmetic issues and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by a professional painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
What's the period of minimum demand for painters?
One of the biggest selling points to hiring within the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from doing home improvement projects, so painters are more readily available.
Accordingly, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they normally do in busier times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
What is the right schedule for repainting the outside of my house?
Cracked and chipped paint are some obvious things to watch out for, but there are also some less obvious things that can create issues as well. Exterior painting can be a big project, so it's never a bad idea to book painting specialists.
Because every property differs from one another, there is no set timeline to apply another coat, which makes this more difficult for homeowners. A lot of experts express that you'll need to paint approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables such as where you're located, climate, and the previous paint job.
After buying a new home, you might not know exactly the last time it was painted. It's always recommended to try and find out, because possessing detailed information about the paint job can be critical. The variety of paint utilized, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color selected can all impact its durability. It's also beneficial to know the time of year in which it was painted, because whether your house was painted on a bright or cloudy day can change how well the paint dried.
What services are under the scope of a residential painter?
Here is what a professional painter can assist with:
- Choose Colors: When struggling to select the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can count on the experience of your certified painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a harder time sticking to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter knows this and will handle the prep work before painting commences.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painter preps for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they find things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas must be addressed before the project can start, of course. Your service may then suggest other reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: Professional painters are proficient at performing such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When employing an expert painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Find an Experienced House Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces in in Westchester, Illinois
When you're looking for a good house painter near Westchester, Illinois, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your house is a smart way to bring new life into your property while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that gives a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted home can enhance your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or offer excellent recommendations about different paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors can even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also supplies plenty of useful advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a host of issues caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your residence inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a convenient site that brings together all the necessary information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of reputable painters in Westchester, Illinois and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also permits you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for the pro who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.