Find a Pro in your area
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is a good season for roofing projects?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to call a roofer.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the typical pricing per square foot for roof repair services?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the normal duration to rebuild a roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
What is the correct occasion to book a roof inspection?
Most roofing professionals recommend biannual roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Your Area
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in your area, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the skills and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.