Find a Cabinet Painter in Albany, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Kentucky // Albany
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will I be restricted by the type of paint I can put on my cabinets?
A frequently asked question pertains to the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used on walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint typically used for interior walls will encounter many difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them that modern appearance. Typical wall paints will not adhere properly to cabinets or begin to chip and flake off prematurely. The kind of paint contractors utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs longer drying and curing times than those generally used on walls.
How do I pick the right painting contractor?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to discover the best one for your specifications and style requires a substantial amount of effort. A good place to focus on is by knowing precisely what style you want to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view a sample of their prior work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and skill. Trustworthy contractors will be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a defined budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate significantly. Make sure that any professional you hire gives documentation of all material and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. What you don't want is for unexpected surprises to occur after the project commences that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's reputation by evaluating any online client reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from past clients available online, and these are also an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and within budget.
Will I need to prime cabinets cabinets prior to painting?
It's may be tempting to immediately begin painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming project when attempting it alone, but a professional will quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality beginning with the most common prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt and grime are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning stage is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and its gear, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great leaps, and there are products that contractors use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also penetrate to those nooks and crannies that are exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in some cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only chip off and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
How much will it cost to paint my current cabinets?
There are many things that play into the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Albany, Kentucky, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first obtain quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters might charge you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: Your painter will need to recoup the price of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the job performed.
You'll want to discuss your home's specific cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Update Your Cabinets for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter in Albany, Kentucky
A smart way to increase the value of your property and update the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a more affordable option over expensive replacements that also results in less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and deliver an updated look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor near Albany, Kentucky fluctuates, but many customers still report spending less than a third on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the fluctuation in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, factors like the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. You should start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among several different painting contractors to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the environment when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing process with wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your current cabinets might be in fair enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
While looking for the perfect cabinet painting contractor aligning with your budget and specifications, you should look at their client reviews, gallery of past work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A dependable painter will be happy to show you their history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you understand precisely what to expect when the job is complete. Locate all the information necessary to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Albany, Kentucky easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.