Find a Pro in Alexandria, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What considerations are important when choosing the exterior paint color for your home?
When you're picking a paint color for your home's exterior, selecting a classic color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the ideal choice. It's somewhat inexpensive to improve how your home looks with help from a knowledgeable and equipped painter. These are some of the factors you should think about when deciding on a color arrangement for your exterior painting job:
- Color scheme: The colors you choose should go with the overarching aesthetic you're aiming for and the atmosphere you want to spend time in. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are elegant hues that have the ability to make you feel at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For a touch of color that sticks out from the rest, yellows and oranges are bright enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Toned down, versatile colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more cozy and content.
What advantages come with the choice to recruit a professional contractor for exterior painting?
Hiring an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your home will typically provide you with a high-quality outcome than you could bring about on your own. DIY projects don't always go as planned unless you're equipped with the materials and experience to execute the project to industry standards. Instead of spending time covering up flaws, homeowners can recruit an exterior painter to perform the project as efficiently as possible. The knowledge they've acquired from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the level of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From power washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you need to a contractor to execute it. With their superior process and guaranteed work, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or providing subpar results.
How can you prepare your house for an exterior painting project?
Exterior painting provides excellent results when it's completed with close attention to detail and according to high-quality standards. Professional painters are equipped with the knowledge, materials, and strategies to do the project with excellent craftsmanship. Remarkable craftsmanship starts with taking preliminary steps that let the paint adhere and look beautiful for many years. These are some of the steps you need to take to get ready for an exterior painting project:
- Pressure wash: Removing dirt and grime gives you a clear area to begin working on, so using power washing equipment is an effective way to wash it off.
- Sand away loose paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky pieces that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix damage on exterior siding so that you can work with a smooth surface.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it with a sleek finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to let the paint adhere.
How much does an exterior painting project cost?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-level home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's a great project for many homeowners who want to boost their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements at all times. Other criteria that can influence the overall price is how skilled your contractor is because it can equal high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a local painting contractor who can assess the project and give you an accurate estimate for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Convenient Way to Find Exterior Painting Services Near Alexandria, Kentucky
Begin looking for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and hire companies in Alexandria, Kentucky. If your home needs a fresh coat of paint, you can recruit a professional with the qualifications and knowledge to provide excellent services. You can upgrade your home's curb appeal with a fresh pop of color that simultaneously offers a strong barrier preventing damage. By hiring a professional to handle the project, you're making sure it'll meet your specifications.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can efficiently look for painters, take a look at ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can take a look at previous exterior painting projects to gain an understanding of their level of expertise. Browsing through professional profiles and easing your search is a quicker process when you download our free app. It's systematic and simple to use for anyone to select the most qualified contractor for the project in their area. You can also send direct messages, receive an estimate, and book an appointment all on one platform.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painting professional who can deliver helpful suggestions and help you brainstorm a beautiful color arrangement. Having a freshly painted house can increase your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with help from many local professionals ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out excellent work. Get outstanding results by downloading our home management platform and contacting a knowledgeable professional to take care of the entire process with close attention to detail.