Find a Cabinet Painter in Artemus, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Kentucky // Artemus
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there any distinction with cabinet paint and regular paint?
An often asked question pertains to the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for home walls will face some challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them their sleek aesthetic. Typical wall paints will not stick properly to cabinets or start to chip and flake away prematurely. The type of paint contractors utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates extended drying and curing times than those typically used on walls.
What features do I expect from a reliable cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to uncover the most suitable one for your specifications and style requires a substantial amount of effort. The best place to begin is by knowing precisely what look you want to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see samples of their previous work aligning with your vision beforehand to get a sense of their experience and skill. Professional contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You should have a set budget worked out when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate widely. Make sure that any contractor you hire provides documentation of all material and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's timeline. The last thing you need is for unexpected surprises to occur after the project begins that can raise costs higher than you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's dependability by assessing their online client reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients available online, and these can be a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and on budget.
Is the long prep stage necessary prior to painting all cabinets?
It's may be enticing to immediately start painting and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming project when doing it on your own, but an expert can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life beginning with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt and grease are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also a good time to disassemble the cabinets and their components, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products today which contractors use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also penetrate to any nooks and crannies that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in many cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the current paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only peel off and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
What things are considered when it comes to establishing cost for painting cabinets?
There are many things that affect the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. Around Artemus, KY, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's advised to first seek out quotes from several contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters could bill you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The contractor will have to recoup the cost of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with one gallon typically being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the job performed.
You'll need to discuss your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Renew Your Kitchen for Less With a Dependable Cabinet Painter Near Artemus, KY
A quick way to increase the appeal of your property and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a cost-efficient alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of heavy use and give them a new look that will match your current style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter around Artemus, KY fluctuates, but some customers have reported spending less than a third on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, aspects such as the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. You should first come up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painting contractors to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the world when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing methods with wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your present cabinets could be in decent enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll love.
While hunting for the right cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and specifications, you should analyze their client reviews, portfolio of previous work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A dependable contractor will be happy to share a history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you understand precisely what to expect when the job is finished. Discover all important information necessary to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Artemus, KY easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.