Find a Pro in Auburn, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
How much is the usual hourly rate charged by painters?
The average painting contractor's cost of services varies between $22-$43 an hour, and that excludes materials or tax.
Keep in mind that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist hourly. That's only for the service. Insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that cost.
Is paying for interior painting a wise decision?
The short answer is yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Appeal of Your Residence: A good paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your home. It will also help sell a house that's on the market quicker, even over asking price. Even if you are not planning on selling your house in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your home that truly pays for itself.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively low-cost way to update your house, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy place. If you have not painted your interior recently and have poor colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which option you go with, a fresh paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted protects your home now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with components which easily retain moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture will result in degraded walls which can be detrimental to your property's structural integrity. Water within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health dangers. Paint is designed to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints currently are produced with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your household. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dust and other particles to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: Most residences contain flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently have scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your house over time. Getting your home's interior painted covers all cosmetic issues and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A lustrous coat of paint applied by an expert contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
When is the least busy season for painters?
A major benefit to hiring during the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
Therefore, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they normally charge in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
How much should I expect to pay in labor costs when painting the interior of a residence?
The cost to paint the inside of your house depends on the dimensions of the space. A single 300-square-foot area will be much more economical than an entire home, especially a big one.
On average, expect to spend between $3 and $7 per square foot when enlisting a local painter to paint the inside of your house. You'll spend less if you paint the space on your own or reside in a location with low labor costs. However, some factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or higher if you have tall ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
Hire a Qualified Residential Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces in in Auburn, Kentucky
When you're searching for a reliable house painter in Auburn, Kentucky, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a great way to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that delivers a good ROI in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted home works to elevate your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or offer great recommendations about various paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors will even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also provides many useful advantages for its structural integrity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a range of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that organizes all the necessary information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of reputable painters in Auburn, Kentucky and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also permits you to directly message expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for the pro who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.