Find a pro in Augusta, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Augusta, KY. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Augusta, KY
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Augusta, KY, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.