Find a Cabinet Painter in Augusta, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Kentucky // Augusta
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there a difference between cabinet paint and regular paint?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used on walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for interior walls will encounter some challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them their sophisticated look. Typical wall paints will not stick properly to cabinets or begin to chip and flake away prematurely. The type of paint professionals utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs extended time to dry and cure than those typically applied to walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor do for my project?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to uncover the most suitable one for your needs and style takes a substantial amount of consideration. The best place to start is by knowing precisely what style you want to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see a sample of their past work matching what you're looking for beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and ability. Professional contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a defined budget in mind when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate largely. Check that any professional you hire provides documentation of all equipment and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication during the process about it's expected completion. The last thing you need is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project has started that can raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the contractor's reliability by checking their online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from past clients for view online, and these can be a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and within budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets without sanding?
It's may be enticing to quickly begin dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming project when doing it on your own, but an expert can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life starting with the most important prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt or grime are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and its components, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products that professionals use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also penetrate to those places that are exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in many cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only flake away and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
Will it be costly to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are several factors that play into the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Augusta, Kentucky, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first obtain quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters could charge you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: Your contractor must recoup the cost of materials unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized with cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with a gallon usually being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the project performed.
You'll need to talk about your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Update Your Home for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Augusta, Kentucky
An exceptional way to increase the appeal of your house and refresh the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a cost-effective alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and give them a new look that will match your current style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor near Augusta, Kentucky fluctuates, but some homeowners have reported spending less than a third on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, aspects such as the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. You should first come up with a budget and then ask around among several different painting contractors to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the environment when you decide to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing process with wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your current cabinets could be in fair enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
When looking for the right cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and needs, you should look at their client reviews, gallery of past work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A reliable contractor will be willing to share a history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you understand precisely what to expect when the project is finished. Discover all the information needed to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter in Augusta, Kentucky easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.