Find a pro in Belfry, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Belfry, KY. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Belfry
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Belfry, KY
When you need roofing maintenance services in Belfry, KY, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.