Find a Cabinet Painter in Benton, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Kentucky // Benton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there a difference between cabinet paint and wall paint?
A frequently asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for home walls will face many difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them that elegant appearance. Typical wall paints may not adhere adequately to cabinets and can begin chipping or flaking off prematurely. The type of paint contractors use for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also requires longer drying and curing times than those usually applied to walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor suffice for my job?
Comparing cabinet painters to find the most suitable one for your needs and style takes a substantial amount of work. A good place to start is by understanding exactly what style you're trying to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see a sample of their prior work matching your vision beforehand to get a sense of their experience and skill. Professional contractors would be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a defined budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate significantly. Check that any contractor you consider gives documentation of all material and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. What you don't need is for any surprises to pop up after the project begins that will raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the professional's dependability by assessing any online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers available online, and these are also an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and within budget.
Should I paint my cabinets before sanding?
It's always enticing to quickly begin dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming project when doing it on your own, but an expert will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life beginning with the most important prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt or grime are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning step is also a good time to disassemble the cabinets and its gear, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great strides, and there are products that contractors use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also reach any edges that are exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in some cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as facilitating better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only peel away and require repainting sooner than expected.
Is it expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are many factors that affect the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. In Benton, Kentucky, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first obtain quotes from multiple contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters may bill you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: Your contractor must recoup the cost of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with a gallon usually being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job finished.
You'll need to talk about your home's specific cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Beautify Your Home for Less With a Reliable Cabinet Painter Near Benton, Kentucky
A quick way to enhance the value of your house and refresh the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and give them an updated look that will match your evolving tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Benton, Kentucky varies, but many homeowners still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, aspects such as the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among several different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also benefits for the planet when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods of wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for logging. Your existing cabinets could be in decent enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll love.
While hunting for the best cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should evaluate their client reviews, portfolio of past work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A reliable contractor will be happy to show you their history of delivering projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you understand exactly what to expect when the job is finished. Discover all important information needed to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter near Benton, Kentucky confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.