Find a pro in Berry, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Berry, KY. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Berry, KY
When you need roofing maintenance services in Berry, KY, there's no better way to find them. The roofing companies featured on our site have the experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.