Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Boston, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are some perks to cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement task that plenty of homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a good practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the look of your kitchen through relatively little work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple technique to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the hassle of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality outcomes when you hire a competent contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to make sure your cabinets look as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
How do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are big differences between them and handymen will need to understand what service you need. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the existing doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has its own unique approach and offers a distinctive result in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
Is there a recommended number of times I can refinish cabinets
One of the best things with wood is that it can be refinished many times to make the product look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, including the strength of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the project must be followed up depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing service will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as an alternative to buying new models?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive way to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets may already fit in well with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in less disruption to your daily life compared to a full cabinet replacement.
People of Boston, KY have communicated paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is best for you.
Hire The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Boston, KY
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to transform the look of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several homeowners in Boston, KY have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many homeowners are starting to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Boston, KY with confidence.