Find a Pro in Boston, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What services fall under the domain of a house painter?
Here is what a professional painter can help with:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to select the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your certified professional.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and will handle this prep work before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your home painter prepares for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they see anything like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas need to be fixed before painting can commence, of course. Your service may then recommend dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: The best painting contractors are proficient at carrying out such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When hiring a professional painter, you likely won't have to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much is the usual hourly rate charged by painters?
The average painting contractor's cost of services varies from $22-$43 an hour, and that doesn't include taxes or overhead.
Bear in mind that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting specialist hourly. Insurance, tax, tools, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that price.
Is interior painting a good idea?
The short answer is yes, and these are benefits from interior painting services:
- Boost the Value of Your House: A professional paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. Interior painting can also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even above its listing price. Even if you are not planning on listing your residence in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your property that truly pays off.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively affordable project to update your residence, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your house recently or have older colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what option you go with, a fresh paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted safeguards your house now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are made of components that easily absorb moisture. Eventually, enough absorption can result in degraded walls which can be risky to your house's structural integrity. Water within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health risks. Paint works to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your residence.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints these days are made with low or zero volatile organic compounds. If you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the perfect choice for your home. A fresh application of paint also keeps dust and other pollutants to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Great: All residences have flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently contain scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your residence over time. Getting your home's interior painted removes most cosmetic issues and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color for your interior can also modernize your home.
At what time of the year are painters typically less busy?
A major selling point about hiring during the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
For that reason, they might be able to decrease their price than what they typically charge in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Hire a Qualified Residential Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces in in Boston, Kentucky
When you're looking for a dependable residential painter in Boston, Kentucky, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a great option to bring new life into your living space while also significantly increasing its value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that gives a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home can elevate your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or make excellent suggestions about different paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your residence also features plenty of useful benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to secure surfaces from a range of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will beautify your residence inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly platform that compiles all the relevant information to let you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of vetted painters in Boston, Kentucky and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly communicate with expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your search for a contractor who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.