Find a Cabinet Painter in Bradfordsville, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Kentucky // Bradfordsville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there any distinction between cabinet paint and wall paint?
A frequently asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used for walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the kind of paint preferred for home walls will face some challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them their modern aesthetic. Typical wall paints may not stick properly to cabinets and can begin chipping or flaking away prematurely. The type of paint professionals utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also needs longer drying and curing times than those generally applied to walls.
How can I choose the right painting contractor?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to uncover the perfect one for your specifications and vision requires a substantial amount of work. A good place to begin is by understanding precisely what look you want to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see samples of their previous work aligning with what you're looking for beforehand to get a feel for their experience and skill. Trustworthy contractors will be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You need to have a set budget worked out when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate largely. Make sure that any contractor you consider provides documentation of all material and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. What you don't want is for unexpected surprises to occur after the project commences that will raise costs higher than you planned for.
Pay close attention to the professional's dependability by evaluating any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from previous customers available online, and these are also a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and within budget.
Should I just paint over my existing cabinets?
It's always tempting to quickly begin dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming project when attempting it on your own, but a professional will quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality beginning with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt and grease are completely removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and their gear, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products that professionals use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also reach those nooks and crannies that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in some cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as facilitating better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only peel away and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
What is the usual cost of a professional cabinet painter?
There are several things that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Bradfordsville, Kentucky, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first seek out quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters could bill you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: Your contractor must recoup the price of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints used with cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with one gallon usually being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the job completed.
You'll want to discuss your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Find a Cabinet Painting Contractor in Bradfordsville, Kentucky to Bring Your Ideas to Life
A quick way to enhance the value of your home and refresh the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and provide an updated look that will match your current tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painter around Bradfordsville, Kentucky varies, but some homeowners still report spending less than a third on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the fluctuation in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, aspects like the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painting contractors to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also benefits for the world when you choose to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing process of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your present cabinets may be in decent enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
When hunting for the best cabinet painting professional matching your budget and specifications, you should look at their customer reviews, portfolio of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A reliable contractor will be willing to share a history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you know precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Find all important information necessary to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter in Bradfordsville, Kentucky confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.