Find a pro in Brooks, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Brooks, Kentucky. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Brooks, Kentucky
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Brooks, Kentucky. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Brooks, Kentucky. Find the right contractor for your home right away.