Find a pro in Butler, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Butler, KY. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Butler, KY
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Butler, KY, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.