Find a pro in Chaplin, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Chaplin, Kentucky. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Chaplin, Kentucky
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Chaplin, Kentucky. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Chaplin, Kentucky. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.