Find a pro in Crestwood, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to book.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Crestwood, KY
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Crestwood, KY, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to find the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.