Find a pro in Cub Run, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Cub Run, Kentucky. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Cub Run, Kentucky
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Cub Run, Kentucky, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.