Find a Pro in Cub Run, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you choose the appropriate color for exterior paint?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home, choosing an elegant color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the perfect choice. It's relatively affordable to boost how your home looks with assistance from a knowledgeable and experienced painter. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when choosing a color arrangement for your exterior painting job:
- Color pattern: The colors you pick should complement the overarching look you're aiming for and the mood you want to spend time in. Make the place your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends substantial time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Greens and blues are stylish hues that have the ability to make you feel at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that sticks out from the rest, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Toned down, versatile colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more pleasant and comfortable.
Why should you retain the services of an exterior painting contractor?
Seeking an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your home will usually give you a superior result than you could achieve by yourself. DIY jobs don't always go as you hope unless you have the tools and experience to execute the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time attempting to fix errors, homeowners can recruit an exterior painter to carry out the job as adeptly as possible. The knowledge they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the level of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From power washing the outside, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you need to a painter to execute it. With their superior approach and guaranteed work, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or offering less-than-optimal results.
How do you prepare a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides the best results when it is completed with close attention to detail and according to high-quality standards. Professional painters are equipped with the knowledge, tools, and strategies to do the job with outstanding workmanship. Superb workmanship starts with taking precautions that help the paint stick and look beautiful for a long time. These are some of the steps you need to take to prepare for an exterior painting job:
- Power wash: Removing grime and dirt provides you with a spotless area to start working on, so using power washing equipment is a productive way to wash it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked parts that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix irregularities on exterior siding so that you can work on a clean texture.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it with a streamlined varnish.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to help the paint stick.
How much does it cost to paint a home's exterior?
The price of exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a great investment for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it safe from the elements at all times. Another factor that can contribute to the overall cost is how skilled your painter is because it can mean higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a local painting contractor who can evaluate the project and provide you with a free, upfront quote for the costs you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Most Efficient Way to Search for Exterior Painting Contractors Near Cub Run, Kentucky
Begin looking for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and recruit companies in Cub Run, Kentucky. If your home needs a fresh coat of paint, you can recruit a contractor with the qualifications and knowledge to deliver high-quality services. You can upgrade your property's aesthetic with a new pop of color that offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from the elements at the same time. By recruiting a contractor to take care of the job, you're making sure the work will meet your specifications.
On our full-scope home management platform, you can swiftly search for painters, check ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at pictures from previous exterior painting jobs to get a good idea of their level of expertise. Browsing through professional profiles and simplifying your search is more efficient when you download our no-charge app. It's systematic and hassle-free to use for anyone to select the most suitable professional for the job in their area. Additionally, you can direct message professional painters, receive an estimate, and set up a consultation all in one app.
Go over the project details with an exterior painter who can deliver useful suggestions and help you brainstorm a beautiful color scheme. Having a freshly painted home can boost your property value and essentially make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what the right sheen, color, and application can do to bring some new life into a place. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from many local professionals prepared to start the project and perform outstanding work. Get an excellent finished product by downloading our app and get in touch with an experienced painter to handle the whole process with careful attention to detail.